Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Look What's Here!

Just back from SCBWI Houston(more on that in a separate post) and look what was in my mailbox!! Advanced reading copies of ANASTASIA FOREVER! I wondered if it would feel any different with book 3, and the answer is: it's just as amazing. Even Lyla the basset/boxer was excited!

For those of you who don't know, advanced reading copies, often abbreviated as 'arcs' go out to reviewers and booksellers and librarians to help promote a book pre-publication. Sometimes in addition, books are available to those folks electronically through a service called Net Galley. I think AF will be on Net Galley at some point, but that is all up to my publisher, Sourcebooks.

Authors get a small amount - in my case, five -- that we use for contests and such.

If you want to get your hands on one of these babies, come to TLA on Thursday April 19th from 2-3 at the Sourcebooks booth. I'll be signing a whole bunch of them until we run out. And giving chocolate! I think they will also be available for those attending the Texas Authors Tea hosted by Young Adult Round Table on Wed. April 18th at TLA!

If you can snag one, you'll be able to find out what happens to Anne and Ethan in book 3! And Tess! And Ben! And Viktor! And Baba Yaga and Lily the rusalka. And did I mention that Anastasia herself is back? You'll have to see how that is possible! And you can do it early and taunt your friends if you come to TLA!

Also, if you would like to be part of TEAM ANASTASIA FOREVER, email me at joypreble at gmail dot com, putting ANASTASIA STREET TEAM in the subject title and let me know. This would mean you would be part of my street team, spreading the word about book 3. You will get all sorts of extra goodies (bookmarks and t shirts and other stuff) and early info about everything that happens as we lead up to August. This is a limited opportunity, so let me know soon!

5 comments:

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Seriously? How did they not offer me one of these beauties? They sent me the first two. Oh well, guess I'll have to do this one on my own and that's okay. Loved the first two. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. I've missed Ethan.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful surprise to come home to Joy!
I love the pictures (especially Lyla).
Anastasia is back??
TLA sounds like a wonderful event & I wish I could go.
All the best,
Rob

Kim said...

Pretty Lyla hearts the book!!!

Unknown said...

Looks great! Congrats!!!

Kristin Rae said...

haha i love how everyone takes pictures of their book with their dog! she looks like she's not sure if she should be on the couch!

congrats!!!