Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Bats!: TEXAS TOUR Days 2 and 3

So yeah -- the bridge in Round Rock at the McNeil exit going toward the hotel -- it has MORE BATS under it than the Congress Street Bridge in Austin! At least according to pal/author Jessica Lee Anderson, as she dropped me off after Torchy's Tacos (The Crossroads taco -- brisket and avocado-- is heaven) and some writing time. So call her on it, if it's not true. All I know is that she rolled down the windows so I could smell the guano. Yum.

Have had some great school visits: Stony Point High and an amazing middle school where the kids read DA, drawn me pictures and there was pizza and Anastasia series cupcakes with blue frosting!! Thanks to their amazing teacher and book love, Valerie Burleigh!! More schools today and a signing at BN in Round Rock at 7.

Here's where you can get tacos with the best names ever, like the Dirty Sanchez:
And here are authors Jessica Lee Anderson and Stephanie Pellegrin, who helped me eat my body weight in queso:
And I even wrote a little. Okay maybe I mostly drank a large pumpkin latte and then buzzed with the sugar overload:

More soon from the all Joy Preble, all the time, solo ANASTASIA FOREVER TEXAS TOUR! Thanks to Sourcebooks for arranging.

3 comments:

ChihuahuaCharms said...

OMG THEY STOLE MY CUPCAKE IDEA!!! ;) Oh well, imitation is the greatest form of flattery :)

Jessica Lee Anderson said...

So glad I got to spend some time with you!!! And I promise the bat info wasn't made up--I met an expert from the Bat Conservatory there a year or so ago.

Stephanie Pellegrin said...

Yay! It was so good to see you! Hope you had a fantastic tour and I hope to see you again soon! <3