It’s release day for FINDING PARIS!!
And so, some author facts for you, gentle readers!
FINDING PARIS is:
- Book number 6 for me!
- My first contemporary YA.
- My first book with Harper Collins/Balzer and Bray
- An emotional family drama wrapped in a mystery, with a road trip center and a bit of romance.
- The book I first outlined at what a group of us Texas authors lovingly refer to as The Lodge of Death. I stopped writing to please someone else and out came the book I was supposed to be writing.
- A book with sparer prose than some of my others. So it felt a little like poetry to me, although it’s not verse. Every word had to count. Lots of showing. Much less telling.
- About the things we do for the people we love and the blind spots we have for those people
- About how difficult it is to voice and own our truths.
- About the secrets that families have and about the strange, wonderful and sometimes painful sibling relationship.
- About broken families and girls whose voices need to be heard.
- And about hope.
I’ll be talking about all this and more in various places including guest posts at Janet Fox’s blog; Cynthia Leitich Smith’s Cynsations; C.C. Hunter’s blog; various stops on a blog tour arranged by the awesome Jean Book Nerd, and a bunch of places in between.
Here’s the link to the blog tour: http://www.jeanbooknerd.com/2015/04/finding-paris-by-joy-preble.html
I hope you read and love FINDING PARIS. I’m very proud of all my books, but particularly proud of getting to this one at this time and this place in my career. It takes place in Vegas and points beyond and includes more than one Paris, but all of them devoid of anything authentically French. (Which is exactly the point. You’ll see.)
If you’re in Houston, come join me at my launch party at Blue Willow Bookshop, Saturday, 4/25, at 2 PM.
And let’s all find our Paris. Whatever or wherever it might be!