But if you head immediately over to http://classof2k9.com and click on the news/contest link you could win 12 !! books/arcs from our delightful, fantabulous group. 12 books for your summer reading pleasure!! (full disclosure: Dreaming Anastasia is not one of them; I'll be giving away a signed actual copy in our fall contest. But 12 amazing other books. You need to jump on this!)
And in other news:
- As of yesterday, the official two month countdown has begun! Two months until Tuesday, September 1, 2009, when Dreaming Anastasia hits the shelves. (this is starting to feel suspiciously like childbirth...)
- Have set up a Dreaming Anastasia Facebook group. If you do FB, please join and then you can get up to the second updates and event info!
- Will be adding my growing list of events and signings and conferences to my website as soon as my webmaster gets back from dealing with a fire in the beach condo she rents out. (I'm sure there's story to that one and that it's not a good story)
- If you're in the Chicago area, come meet members of 2k9 at Anderson's Bookstore in Naperville on Friday, 7/10 at 3 PM. We'd love to see you, chat with you, and for those who have books out - sign a copy or two for you. (I'll give you a delightful promotional postcard or bookmark, which is not quite as exciting, but I'm still thrilled that Anderson's is hosting this event with us!)
- Because it's summer, I was able to play a little hooky from writing this morning and watch four of the Real Housewives of New Jersey (my current favorite guilty pleasure because hey, table flips! How can you not love a good table flip?) on Regis and Kelly. These are things one doesn't do when one is at school at 6:45 AM every morning. Can I tell you how much I just loved this fifteen minutes of my day?!
- Have I mentioned that my Sourcebooks production team, including but not limited to Kristin and Kelly, absolutely rock?
- And if you're in the Houston area, save the date for Saturday, September 12th, 2 PM, at The Woodlands Barnes and Noble. Launch party, baby! I am so ready.
- Finally, I was relieved to see a piece last night on Bubbles the chimp, who used to figure so largely in Michael Jackson's life. Husband and I had been discussing this on and off - where's Bubbles? Is he dead? Why doesn't anyone mention him? (we're weird like that) - but it seems Bubbles is alive and well and really old and living in some chimp sanctuary with other discarded exotics...
Til next time...