Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dreaming From the Rooftop

Big Al, me, and Mark Hayter at Hastings, getting ready to film From the Rooftop ep

So last Friday night, I hung out with my pal and former teaching colleague Mark Hayter and his brother Big Al. Mark's humor column From the Rooftop has spawned TV episodes of his same goofy, folksy humor, some of which are currently airing on http://www.mymtvnetwork.com/ Friday they were filming at the Hastings in Conroe and Hayter called to see if I would guest star as, well, me - author of Dreaming Anastasia. I told him I'd see if I could manage the role. I'll let you all know when it airs. And if I'm still in it when it does. Pretty much, they dosed me with coffee and told me to be myself and then asked me a bunch of questions which I think I may have answered. Or not. I think we did a fake book signing somewhere in there, too, followed by Mark and Al pretending to sign books that weren't theirs. There was also a bit with one of the baristas. (It was two for one night at the Hastings coffee bar, by the way. Starbucks! You need to adopt this idea. Soon) There may have been other bits, but by then I was chatting with Mark and Al's sister Jill and Mark's wife Kay. So I probably missed something. I am clearly not cut out for television diva stardom. Or maybe I am. If the episode airs, you'll judge for yourself. It is possible that I was hugely amusing. Jill laughed a couple of times as I remember...


Anyway, I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, check out Mark's blog here: http://markhayterscolumn.blogspot.com/ He's a great writer, a great history teacher, and an all around good guy. Al's kind of nice, too.

And stay tuned for my own big announcement. That's all I'm saying for now.

Til next time...

3 comments:

Barrie said...

I want to know the big announcement. NOW. :)

Joy Preble said...

Oh silly Barrie! You know how the wheels of publishing work... But soon I hope. Very soon. Hope all is well with you!
Joy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.