Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hey, hey - it's TLA


My pal Janet Fox (Faithful, Puffin, 2010) couldn't believe I'd never been to TLA. But 'tis true. I hadn't. So she graciously showed me the ropes this week and I am forever thankful. Because besides getting to see many of our 2k9 books featured in the various publisher's areas and hang out with very cool librarians and amazing authors of all sort - including Janet's friend, author Kathy Whitehead (Art from Her Heart; Looking for Uncle Louie on the Fourth of July) and my friend, author Dede Ducharme (Treasure in the Tiny Blue Tin), and of course the amazing and generous Austin power couple -Cynthia and Greg Leitich Smith (Cynthia's Tantalize sequel, Eternal is out now), I got to see Meg Cabot and Scott Westerfeld up close and personal, which if you're a writer type, let me say is like seeing rock stars. And I got a few minutes of one on one conversation time with John Green! Yes - Paper Towns John Green. Looking for Alaska John Green. The "oh I'm in awe of how amazingly funny you are on paper" John Green. Which is what happens when everyone else goes to the Bluebonnet Luncheon and you stay on the exhibit hall floor and wait until the very end of his signing time.
Til next time.


No comments: