Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Montgomery County Teen Book Festival

Countdown to the Montgomery County Teen Book Festival in The Woodlands, TX on Saturday! I'm thrilled to be the "local" newbie author with Melissa Marr, Sara Zarr, Cassandra Clare, as well as Nick Abadzis and Charles Shields. Woodlands High School College Park senior and self-published author Shirlene Obuobi will also be on hand! Her school is the host campus for the festival, thanks in large part to the incredible dedication of rockstar librarian Pam Cooper, who has been so gracious to me during this debut author journey! She and my own school librarian, Twyla Harrington, are tireless champions of teen readers and I am honored to know them both.

I'll be on the author panel in the opening session and then presenting two writing workshops during the break out sessions. I am very psyched! If you're in the area, please come join us for a wonderful day of book talk!

http://www.montgomerycountyteenbookfestival.com/

Til next time...

No comments: