Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Smells Like Teen Fire

Okay, so the Nirvana reference is a bit lame-o. Or maybe not. No, Joy, it isn't lame at all. You are cleverness personified. Whatever.

But here's what's not lame - Sourcebooks' new Teen Fire website! http://teenfire.ning.com

That crazy boy genius known to me and mine as Publicist Paul has been working his crazy boy genius fingers to the bone on this one. (Honestly, I don't know if anyone has been helping him. If they have been, then I thank them, too!) The website is very cool. I would like to say that they modeled the girl on the top after me, but I'm betting you won't believe me. Fine. Be that way. But go and check it out! If you'd like an opportunity to be a teen book reviewer, I think the deadline on that is this coming Monday. You can also RSVP for the very very awesome Fire Launch Party at Books of Wonder in NYC on 3/18 where you can meet me, the Sourcebooks team, other Fire authors and a super secret celeb author guest list that I absolutely cannot yet divulge. Oh how I want to. Oh the trouble I'd get into if I did. Crazy boy genius would be back in the Horrid Henry costume forever. Wouldn't want that to happen. Cause the party is going to kick literary butt and also includes music from Editor Dan and his all YA author band Tiger Beat. (Libba Bray... Libba Bray... I will breathing the same air as Libba Bray.)

And you can also join the fan groups for the Fire list - which includes Dreaming Anastasia! Yes, DA is making the jump from Jabberwocky (the general children's imprint) to Fire. I am very excited to be in such awesome company. Go ahead. Be my fan. You know you love me. And Anne. And Ethan. Wouldn't want Baba Yaga to put a curse on you or anything now would we?

All right, that's it for now. Let's see what other excitement I can pull out of my hat in a few days.

Go! Check out http://teenfire.ning.com

Til next time...

No comments: