Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Five for Friday

A few years ago, the city of Houston paid some marketing company huge bucks to come up with a promotional scheme to get more tourists to come here. Their slogan, after months of brilliant scheming? "Houston is Hot"

Really, marketing people? Really?

It *is* hot right now - hitting 100 again all weekend. Supposed to break by mid week. And finally, finally, rain. It has not rained in two months. They are actually spraying water on the power lines because they're getting too hot. Who knew?

Beyond the heat, here's what I've got for you this morning:

1. Woman was just on Today Show discussing her on line shenanigans with a certain now ex-congressman from Brooklyn. " You knew he was married. Do you feel sorry?" asks Anne Curry. "No," says woman. "It is what it is. All that has made me who I am now." Really? And what is that?
2. Top Chef Masters still makes me happy.
3. I am in huge crushing love with Augie the blind CIA guy on Covert Affairs.
4. You are all going to love Again and Again. Which I need to finish by 7/15. I am about to enter the crazy zone. Beware.
5. Tina Fey's autobiography Bossypants is hysterically funny. Read it!!

Til next time...

No comments: