Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

And the winner is....

actually winners are. The contest hat decided to pick two lucky Haunted t shirt winners!
1. Michelle O'Boyle
2. Pam

Both had interesting answers on sort of opposite ends of the spectrum to the question, "In matters of life, love, making a living and maintaining a writing career - can you have it all? Or is that just a pleasant fantasy? And if you're a woman, is it harder? "

Congrats Michelle and Pam! Please email me at joypreble at gmail dot com and let me know where to send your prizes!

Some thought provoking responses over all. Some of you are happy with your lot; some think that there will always be some sacrifice; some feel women do have it tougher trying to keep everything balanced. Some of you just wanted a t shirt! (that's cool, too. they're wonderful shirts!!)

Me? I agree with my buddy Samantha Vamos - who didn't win, but did comment that we do get it all - just not all at once, which I thought was a fine and wise response that is closest to my own experience. I have enjoyed teaching, motherhood, love, writing, publishing and lots of things in between. But I cannot put exactly the same amount of energy into every one of these at the same time, no matter how much I try. Something always has to be set aside, and that gets tricky.... but there are only so many hours in the day. I am not teaching this year (at least not full time) because teaching six classes took more of my creative energy than I could safely give and still have enough left to write the way I wanted to. Now I have to discover - what's my happy medium? 2 classes? 1? 3? None? I'll let you know when I figure it out.





No comments: