Here's what's up on this first Wednesday of the new year:
- Finishing up the macro edits for The Sweet Dead Life for the new Soho Teen. Falling more and more in love with this book by the nano second. But you still have to wait til 2013!
- Speaking of Soho Press, they are going to celebrate the launch of Soho Teen at their booth at midwinter ALA in Dallas on Saturday 1/21 at 3:30 - 4. And I will be there! The invitation and the ALA program say there will be a champagne toast! Come join us. Say hi. Check here for the deets.
- Lyla the rescue dog had a good obedience session yesterday. She keeps working on leave it. Some day she may.
- Somehow bashed my hand making the bed yesterday. Comforter didn't move when I tugged, I let go, bashed wrist/thumb on sharp corner of the nightstand. Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. Wouldn't I be in worse pain if it was broken? This is what I'm thinking.
- This Saturday 1/7, I'll be at the Forum near Barbara Bush Library with many fine YAHouston authors for Whim2Weird. Panel, signing, swag, fun. Please come join us! It's free! And it's me, Sophie Jordan, CC Hunter, Mary Lindsey, Crystal Allen, Mary Lindsey, Chris Mandelski. Check it out here.
- Not sure what I think about Andy Cohen taking Watch What's Happening Live to five days a week. It may be too much snarky Bravo for me. But if anyone can make it work, Andy can.
- Being Human is returning to SyFy soon. And Vampire Diaries soon, too, yes? I haven't looked. And new eps of Grimm and Once Upon a Time...
- And have I mentioned what fan girl I've become of Stephanie Perkins? I adored adored adored Anna and the French Kiss. And I'm sad that I have to write now because I'd rather be reading Lola and the Boy Next Door, which I just started last night, turning the Kindle pages as fast as I could with my injured thumb!
What's up with you this Wednesday?