Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2007

NaNoWriMo update

Current NaNoWriMo word count: 8,000 words and climbing. Actually probably have more like 15,000, but the other scenes aren't ready to attach yet. That's the problem with getting inspiration while you're outlining and smacking a piece of a scene into said outline. You have to go fish it out later on. Hopefully this is working for me. Or not...

My beloved critique partners, minus Bob who had business to attend to, seem to feel I'm headed in a good direction. As usual, Suz found ways for me to be more concise, Dede pointed out where I'd gone a little over the top and Kim poked around at certain other stuff I might want to consider.

Obviously fast tracking like this precludes too much critique. Theoretically, by the time we meet again after Thanksgiving, I'll be a LOT farther. (further? I'm endlessly confused on that one)

But they all agree - fast or not, my heart's really tangled up in this one. Bunches of very imperfect characters trying to find their way. Just like imperfect old me.

And I swear, I simply cannot keep running into our plumber's wife in the grocery store once every six months or so and telling her the same thing: "I still have to get back to you about that new water heater we need." Eventually she's gonna catch on that I've been saying this for the past two years. Or else the darn thing really will just go splat.

Til next time...

No comments: