Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

And may I announce? HAUNTED - The Dreaming Anastasia Sequel

Been teasing and taunting and slipping lines onto Twitter but finally, finally, it's up on PM and so I can proudly and happily and ecstatically announce:

Joy Preble's HAUNTED, the sequel to DREAMING ANASTASIA, in which a girl is being haunted by a mysterious and malevolent mermaid, to Daniel Ehrenhaft at Sourcebooks, for publication in 2011, by Jennifer Rofe at Andrea Brown Literary Agency.
jennifer@andreabrownlit.com

There is - as always - a long story to this. But for now I will leave it brief. Anne and Ethan and Tess and the gang are going to be back. Baba Yaga, too, and lots of other surprises - including, as you can see in the blurb a Russian mermaid, known in folklore as a rusalka. Oh, how thrilled I am to share this at last. (So, for that matter, is my crazy cowgirl agent, Jen, but that too, is another story)

More soon.
Going to do the happy Snoopy Dance now. *leaps from computer and whirls like a dervish*

Til next time... And wait til you see the cover! It is so fabulous you won't believe it!

9 comments:

Julie said...

Yay!

Dreaming Anastasia sent me off on a Romanov kick and I'm studying the Russian Revolution now in school so this is some of the best news I could get!

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Congratulations! If the cover is as clever and rich as the one on DA, I'm sure it will be stunning!

Sherry @ Flipping Pages for All Ages said...

Yay Joy so happy for you! That's wonderful and exciting news!!! :)

FireandIce said...

YAY! You know I am a huge Baba Yaga fan and mermaids?! So exciting!!!

Joy said...

Thanks all! It is indeed very exciting. And yes, I hope everyone really digs on the rusalkas. That's what the Russian folklore mermaids are called.

Pam said...

I cannot wait!

PJ Hoover said...

Huge congrats, Joy! I'm reading Anastasia right now and loving it!

Vonna said...

This is so exciting, Joy! I'm going to go out on a very sturdy limb and bet that it will be a huge success!

Cari said...

I'm so excited! Can't wait for the cover!