Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday February 1st Five!

So let's catch up!


1. Where have I been lately? Well, I flew to Portland, OR, where I was the guest author at Book Fan Friday at Powell's Book Store, suburb branch, where I talked about fairy tales in YA and in the DREAMING ANASTASIA series here:

And I saw my books in the downtown Powell's here:
After which I did a panel on time travel in YA at another fab indie called Annie Blooms with authors Emily Whitman and Ruth Feldman.

And then I visited some other wonderful bookstores including Green Bean Books where you can disguise yourself by purchasing:
Which I think is totally awesome!!
And then I flew home, changing planes both there and back in Las Vegas, which let me say is NOTHING like the Portland airport.
The Vegas airport is all SLOT MACHINES!!! and the Portland airport is all HOLISTIC MASSAGE CENTER. It is very different when you visit both in the same two hour period!

2. A couple days later, I did some school visits here in Houston at both Garcia Middle School and Christa McAuliffe Middle School, teaching writing and revision and again talking about fairy tale retellings in YA and pop culture to the 7th graders. It was awesome fun, especially when I arrived at Garcia Middle School to discover that the art students had PAINTED PICTURES OF MY BOOK COVERS!!


Which was totally cool!

3. After that, I drove to Austin to the Cedar Park Library, where 15 girls plus the librarians had read DREAMING ANASTASIA and each had a book! We discussed and ate candy and I tossed out prizes like candy and matryoshka doll lip gloss and a good time was had by all! And then I went to have lunch and plot world Texas author domination with PJ Hoover and gave her this:


4. This coming Saturday, 2/2, I will be at the Montgomery County Teen Book Festival at Lone Star College in The Woodlands Texas. My panel is THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT, moderated by the fabulous librarian Jen Bigheart with not only me, but also Kendare Blake, Lisa McMann, Mary Lindsey and Victoria Scott! Can you imagine how excited I am?!

5. And this month, I will also be in a mystery anthology that's coming out from my publisher, Soho Press:
I will be signing and talking about this book, which as you can see, has a lot of FAMOUS PEOPLE IN IT!!, at the wonderful Murder by the Book in Houston, on 2/23 at 4:30. Disguises optional!!

See my appearances page for more info on any and all events!!

More soon.
Including plans for THE SWEET DEAD LIFE!!




2 comments:

ChihuahuaCharms said...

OH MY GOD, KENDARE BLAKE?? THE Kendare Blake?!?! I am sooooooooo insanely jealous!!!!!! Please tell her that I absolutely ADORED Anna Dressed in Blood and that I've given up with patience, screw waiting for the UK release date - I'm getting my grandma to send it! Thanks so much!! Have loads of fun!!

ChihuahuaCharms said...

Girl of nightmares, I mean. Haha jut realised that comment didn't make much sense :) so jealous!! :D