Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Kick it Up a Notch

This weekend I was in Austin for Kick it Up a Notch, the Austin SCBWI Regional Conference. Let me say that a good and productive time was had by all and I got to hang with not only the Houston folks who drove up for the conference but also my Austin peeps (who say that I am an honorary Austin girl now, which makes me smile happily and vow to keep myself weird along with Austin).

A few pics:
Jessica Lee Anderson, me, Jo Whittemore, Cory Putnam Oakes
the ever fabulous genius Cynthia Leitich Smith
Tricia Hoover, who can sell books and cookies all at once
Outgoing Austin SCBWI RA Debbie Gonzales, who is generous and brilliant and one of my favorite humans!
Nikki Loftin, eating grapes... just because.

The Houston Crew!

Tomorrow is the official launch day for WHO DONE IT, the February book for Soho Teen, edited by Jon Scieszka and with a cast of 83 authors including yours truly! Please stop by to find out more. Including info on the WHO DONE IT event that's upcoming on 2/23 at Murder by the Book here in Houston.

And Wednesday, I'm interviewing Cynthia Leitich Smith, whose new YA paranormal, FERAL NIGHTS is also out tomorrow!!

It's a big week here on the blog.
Plus Valentine's Day. Which I'm honestly neutral about but no one's perfect, right?



No comments: