Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

SPARK is sold!

I have been holding this secret in for so long (okay, not from some of you, but nothing that I could post about) that it feels odd to actually talk about it. But I can finally say that my debut young adult fantasy novel, SPARK, has sold to Sourcebooks. Right now we're looking at Fall of '09, but all that is yet to come. I will post the longer version of the SPARK journey tomorrow when my head isn't spinning from excitement. Graduation Thursday, kid coming home today, and the deal announcement, all in less than a week!

A huge shout out to my fabulous and hard working agent, Michelle Andelman, who put her heart and soul into all this on my behalf. She is the best agent a girl could ask for.

And without further ado:


Joy Preble's SPARK, a contemporary fantasy of Anastasia Romanov's disappearance, in which a teen ballerina's line of descent becomes her destiny as she joins forces with a mysterious boy, battles those who betrayed the royal family, and rescues the princess from a legendary Russian witch, to Lyron Bennett at Jabberwocky, in a nice deal, by Michelle Andelman at Andrea Brown Literary Agency (World).michelle@andreabrownlit.com

Til next time...
and let me add: squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yEAH for you!!!!!! Fall '09!!! Woo hoo!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! We're so happy for you!!!
Can't wait to buy a copy signed by the author!

~Beth