Pages

Monday, October 8, 2007

how do you write?

My latest work in progress is coming to me differently than most anything else I've ever written. Lately, it's happening like this: As I write more detailed plot points, scenes come to me. And so I write them. So now I have this bullet point plot outline interrupted every few points with a full blown scene that may or may not be usable in the long run. The result is that I have scenes written from all parts of the book, but not necessarily the pieces in between. Those I'll have to go back and put in.

It's been weird, but I'm taking it as the gift I suspect it is.

If you're reading this and you're a writerly type, what are some ways stories/novels have come to you?

I'd say Happy Columbus Day, because to me, it's quite happy cause there's no school today and I think I'll even get to squeeze in "The Jane Austen Book Club" this afternoon. But if you're one who finds it politically incorrect or inaccurate or it reminds you of that nasty Inquisition going on in Spain then, simply have a rockin' Monday. Personally, it's my second Monday off in a row (last week's jury duty exursion and all) and I could get used to it. Except of course for the brutal Tuesday that follows.

Til next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TV coment...watch Pushing Daisies//it is great...oo good for tv.
But if I was an author, specific...Raoul Dahl I would be pissed...The main female character is a rip off of several stories, James and the Giant Peach ( aunts) and Matilda ( shut in gal who likes to read) Beck

I took today of to hang with boychicks, and thought about you and what you said about doing things DURING the day!